Join award winning plein air artist Loretta Domaszeski for a weekend of Plein Air painting in the inspiring landscapes of Big Sky, Montana. The two day workshop is broken into four sections, which will focus on painting a variety of scenes under the big sky. Artists can sign up for any session they choose, or make a weekend out of it and participate in all four sessions!
Who: Artists of all abilities, ranging from beginners to professionals wishing to add to their portfolio.
What: Plein air painting workshop, focusing on painting the valley, sky, mountains, and rivers of Big Sky Montana.
Saturday, August 15, 2020
Session 1: Paint the Valley, 9am – 12pm
Session 2: Paint the Sky, 1pm – 4pm
Sunday, August 16, 2020
Session 3: Paint the Mountains, 9am – 12pm
Session 4: Paint the River, 1pm – 4pm
Where: All the sessions of the workshop will begin at the Big Sky Community Park Yurts. (1573-1717 Little Coyote Rd, Big Sky, MT 59716) From there, we will travel to different locations in the Big Sky area to paint a variety of scenes.
Costs: $75 per session or $250 for all four sessions. Lunch is included for artists participating in both morning and afternoon sessions. Materials are not included in the registration costs.
Supply list: Artists may use the painting mediums of their choice, including oil, acrylic, or gouache.
- Each one day, three hour session is dedicated to focusing on essential art elements and painting techniques to create dynamic paintings, emphasizing self expression with confident brushstrokes and color.
- Focusing on strong mono-chromatic, one color value under paintings.
- Create strong compositions with earthy textures, dramatic skies, and transparent moving water.
- Exercises with line, shape, value, form, texture, color, space, linear and atmospheric perspective.
- Learn to paint like you draw with movement, rhythm, variety, and harmony.
- Build confidence with bold expression.
- A class packed with information in a relaxed environment so you are inspired to continue painting on your own. All levels.
More About Loretta: Loretta Domaszewski is an award winning professional contemporary artist exhibiting and teaching all ages and levels, locally and nationally for three decades. She has participate in the Big Sky Annual Auction. Her passion is to be active, explore nature, create art, and encourage self-discovery through artistic expression. Learn more about Loretta’s impressive career at lorettafineart.com
Covid Safety Measures:
- Masks required when social distancing is not possible and while indoors.
- Hand sanitizer readily available
- Small class size