PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT / HR MANAGER
Job Description: Responsible for all bookkeeping functions, as well as human resource administration at hotel.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll, ordering procedures, and end of period reporting.Maintain direct bill files.
- Maintain monthly checkbook; review with department heads and advise GM of any spending variances to budget.
- Maintain and process month-end inventories (market & breakfast).
- Comply with corporate accounting procedures.
- Ensure documentation is processed accurately and submitted timely to Management Company Headquarters.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Complete daily and monthly reports requested by URGO.
- Assist Headquarters Staff with Month End Closings and other projects as required.
- Collaborate with GM and department heads on month end P&L’s, GL’s and yearly budgets.
- Tax exempt reconciliation, monitor house accounts, bank accounts and follow up on all account receivable balances weekly.
- Ensure property hiring practices comply with I-9, ADA, and EEO requirements and strive for a culturally diverse work place.
- Operate and manage the hotel HR systems:payroll, COBRA, background checks, drug testing, benefits administration, etc.
- Complete market wage survey and benefit surveys annually or as requested by GM.
- Maintain employee personnel files and medical files.Audit files annually to ensure all documents are active and properly filed.
- Receive hiring recommendations from team supervisors.Participate in staff interviews with GM and/or department head.
- Promote both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open-Door policies.
- Carry out all reasonable requests of which you can perform.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
- Respond timely to guest billing inquiries and chargeback documentation requests.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Assist supervisors in understanding team members’ ever-changing needs and expectations.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
- Always extend professionalism and courtesy to team members.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Assist associates in understanding and using all benefits available to them.
- Listen to any concerns or questions associates have about payroll, 401k and medical benefits.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program requiring weekend stay-over.