Big Sky Land Management prides ourselves on being an excavation and forestry company who provides excellent customer service and strives to complete projects on time and in budget. As most jobs last more than two years, it’s a difficult task and all comes down to the boots on the ground. By offering good pay and strong benefits we are looking for qualified equipment operators to join our team.
The equipment operator is able to perform all tasks for excavating a residential foundation including mass excavation, driveway construction, installing utilities, backfill, building retaining walls, and final grade. Applicants must be able to efficiently perform tasks within set time frames. Prior experience operating equipment, specifically excavators, in tight spaces and steep hillsides is a must.
- 5+ yr operating all types of heavy equipment such as excavators, loaders, dozers, compactors, skid steers, and trucks.
- 3+ yr excavating foundations or pipework.
- Strong ability to find grade with equipment and using lasers within half of an inch.
- Must be able to read plans and perform work per plan.
- Experience installing water/sewer services.
- Keen attention to detail and situational awareness to maintain the safety of the work environment.
- Ability to maintain and inspect heavy equipment.
- Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 75+ pounds.
- Be reliable, on time and flexible.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Travel/Living Stipend
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vision and Dental
- Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Over-time Pay
- Monthly Training
- Yearly bonus based on job performance
- Safety bonus
- Opportunities for continuing education
- Regular company BBQs and social activities